Big Fish/ Little Fish Program
Please read the entire section to understand the program and sign you/your swimmer (s) up for the program.
The program is called Big Fish/Little Fish. The Big Fish, Little Fish program is designed to build relationships, camaraderie, and team spirit between the age groups. Being a good Big/Little Fish is part of being a good teammate.
The Big Fish/Little Fish program is not about elaborate gifts – it is about actions and behavior. It is about being a supportive teammate! Both swimmers are encouraged to cheer each other on at practices and meets, but the Big Fish should take the lead to be a mentor, cheerleader, and role model of what makes a good teammate. To ensure the success of the program, it is incumbent upon the Big Fish to fulfill these expectations. If you don’t think you can reliably serve in this role, please do not sign-up to participate in the program.
Get Involved! Here’s how:
1. CREATE- Write your Buddy a note, draw a picture, or make a friendship bracelet! Use your talents to inspire your Buddy to swim fast and psych them up for a great meet!
2. CHEER - Watch your Big/Little Fish swim at meets! Be the loudest and most supportive teammate on the pool deck!
3. CONGRATULATE- After your Big/Little Fish race, be there to tell them how great they swam! Know their goals and if they achieved one of them.
****On Fridays, we will have activities at practices for Big/Little Fish
****At meets, we will have spirit activities at the team tents to encourage team and Big/Little Fish camaraderie/spirit.
****Some Fish may be in a School (Big Fish may have a couple Little Fish; or a couple Big Fish and a couple Little Fish will be together). It all depends on how many Fish we have in total.
To Be a BIG FISH:
- Be 10 or older
- You must commit to cheering on your Little Fish.
- Attend the Team lunch on June, and Swimming Under the Stars unless there is a legitimate excuse
- If possible, let your Little Fish know when you are going to miss a meet or any social event.
To Be a LITTLE FISH:
- Age 9 and under
- Just let us know if your child wants to participate!
- If possible, let your Big Fish know when you are going to miss a meet or any social event.
If your swimmer is interested in participating in the Big Fish/ Little Fish program, complete the following form by May 27.
We want to have Fish Families matched by the first dual meet.
If for any reason you are no longer able to participate or if you have questions, please notify Natalie Messersmith at firstname.lastname@example.org.